SUNSHINE TINKERBELL

this blog is intended as a venting outlet for myself to discuss the nuttyness of my life and my ways of copying with my beautiful little family

17/02/2010

injections

(ok so i actually wrote this blog on 17th feb but thought i had lost it!)

so as the title of my blog suggests, today has all been about L.J's injections. i spent the 15 minutes in the waiting room with my tummy churning and then after a quick check on the weighing scales (he's now 10lb 10) i had to take him for a check up with the doc. it then transpires that in fact he has one testicle that is much smaller than the other so he will have to have a visit with a paediatrician. so then the health visitor called me into the the room for injections and i could feel my heart jump and even a sheen of sweat appearing on my top lip. why was i so scared i hear you asking? i mean its not like its me getting the jab right? well it was wwwaaayyy worse. when they first put it in he was ok but then he really started to cry and they still had to do the second one which was in the other leg, which just made him cry all the more.

i have to say i was very proud of him though as the crying only lasted a few minutes and then he was back to his smily self unlike some of the babies in the waiting room! unlike me i have to say, had i not had my mother in law there i would probably have burst into tears as i felt awful letting someone make him cry that much, but the way i have to look at it is that now he will be covered for life against some very terrible diseases.

ok gonna go eat some lob scaws(welsh version of stew!)

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment