SUNSHINE TINKERBELL

this blog is intended as a venting outlet for myself to discuss the nuttyness of my life and my ways of copying with my beautiful little family

13/02/2010

argggggghhhh i hate people in department stores

why is it that a small minority of people who work in department stores feel the need to make their customers feel like sub standard human beings? well this is exactly what happened to me yesterday.

ok so here's the story: after a wonderful lunch with C i decided to nip into the famous department store and whilst there i saw this BEAUTIFUL pair of purple suede shoes that i was pretty sure would go perfectly with the dress i am wearing to R & S's wedding. However as usual my brain got the better of me and i began to question that they were the right colour (as it always does when i see the 'perfect' shoes!!) so after checking the price, which was almost too good to be true, £70 down to £21.

anyway i am going off on a tangent. so i went to ask the assistant if i got the shoes home and they were the wrong color could i swap them for something else. This is where my finding the perfect shoe story turned into a nightmare. After looking me up and down like i was a piece of dirt she turned and said "yes so long as you don't leave it forever to bring them back.. and make sure you haven't WORN them" i put the word worn in caps because she emphasised this word as if it was a foul taste in her mouth!!! At first i just stood there in disbelief, i mean did i look like the type of person to buy shoes, wear them and then take them back.

So after a few moments i could feel all the blood rushing to my face and from that moment on i knew there was no going back, i said "pardon me? do i look like the type of person to bring back worn shoes? is there a reason you felt the need to be that rude to me? or are you like that to everyone?" the look on the assistants face was a picture!! i then said "never mind i will be buying the shoes and even if they are wrong i will be keeping them, but i will also be making a complaint to your head office about you complete lack on good customer service" and with that i left her standing there

I actually think this was quite good of me, because the way i felt i could have embedded the heel of the shoes i was buying into her scalp!!!

right now that is over with i feel much better. I did get a lovely bunch of flowers from S yesterday, and he bought L.J a new t-shirt. i think he was really very proud of himself.

ok nite nite

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment