SUNSHINE TINKERBELL

this blog is intended as a venting outlet for myself to discuss the nuttyness of my life and my ways of copying with my beautiful little family

27/02/2010

Dying

ok so since my other blog post was a complete cop out (yep answering someone elses questions does fill space but is still a cop out) so i thought i would write about how shit life is.

yesterday i found out that N (my best friend) lost her nan. now i know we all lose our grandparents at one time but it seems that this was really crap as it was only 5 weeks ago she was told she was ill. anyway i was going to write her a sympathy card but i couldn't think of what i should write. then i remembered a monologe type poem which i love and i thought i would share it here as it always makes me feel better when i lose someone and hope it will her as well.

i am standing upon the seashore. A ship at my side, spreads her white sails to the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean.
she is an object of beauty and strength.
i stand and watch her unitl at length she hands like a spec of white cloud, just where the sea and sky come to mingle with each other.
then someone at my side says "there she is gone"
Gone where? gone from my sight that is all.
she is just as large in mast & hull & spar as she was when she left my side, and she is just as able to bear her load of living freight to her destined port.
her diminished size is in me not in her.
and just at the moment when someopne at my side says 'there she is gone" there are other eyes watching her coming and other voices ready to take up the glad shout "here she comes"
and that is dyiong

i love it, makes me remember that people we have lost are just somewhere else!

No comments:

Post a Comment